Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Zoya swatches

Between the recent Zoya 3-free promo, and all the clearance going on at Ulta, I've built up quite the collection of Zoya polishes in the last couple months. I'm really digging Zoya because most of their polishes are a cool foil-shimmer, unlike other brands that just have waves and waves of slightly different cremes or jellies. They've kind of been my "go-to" lately since they're so unique.

So today I have a pixie dust and a holo-glitter to show you. First up is the pixie, Dhara. I don't know why, but I have a big thing for orange glitters/shimmers. They're just so damn pretty on. Dhara is very shiny and pretty on, but I think next time I wear it I'll use an orange base first since it was pretty sheer even after the 4th coat. I had a bit of staining on my ring fingers from the Victoria's Secret glitter in the last post, and unfortunately it shows through on Dhara.

This is 4 thin coats of Zoya Dhara, with a thin layer of top coat.


Between my online and Ulta hauls I managed to get all of the beloved holo glitters Zoya has, but sadly Aurora, Blaze, and Payton are way too similar to me to really love them all. They seemed so different in online swatches, but the biggest difference to me is the shades of pink/magenta and the level of holo. Aurora is definitely the winner in the holo category, Blaze is a slightly more berry/burgandy version, and Payton is just a darker version of Blaze. I really thought Blaze was going to be much more red than it is, so I may end up with Blaze and Payton to swap in the near future.

This is two coats of Zoya Blaze. I added a third thin coat to my thumb, pointer, and pinky fingers to even out the streaks, but I wish I had added more coats to the other two nails as they were still pretty sheer. I didn't like the application of this polish at all, either, it was super thin and messy.
 Without flash, to show the true color.


I'm pretty disappointed in Blaze and Payton, but many out there love all the shades. Maybe I'll make someone very happy in a swap soon!

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment