Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Nail Art and Holo Glitter

Here are some swatches of polishes/nail art I did around Christmas. Right before Christmas I got my order from Julep's 12 days of Christmas spin the wheel promo day, which included the holo glitter bomb Joelle. It was SO pretty on that I didn't want to take it off for days. So I ended up just using a chevron sticker and painting an accent nail over it and calling it good!

The green and red are China Glaze Jolly Holly and Red Pearl, the glitter under is Julep Joelle over Zoya Trixie.


Here is the glitter bomb on it's own. This is two coats of Julep Joelle over Zoya Trixie(a silver foil.) It was SO hard to capture how holo the glitter was.


Prior to that I tried Sinful Color's red and green glitter topper over white, but ended up getting so OCD over the glitter being evenly placed that it took a good half hour just to get one hand done. SO I scrapped it, but at least got a photo of the swatch.

This is millions of dabs of Sinful Colors Holiday Rebel over a couple coats of Julep Nicolette.


Prior to that I was feeling lazy(notice a theme?) so just did a standard green and red mani. I love how the green turned out.

All colors used are China Glaze, the red is Red Pearl, the green is Jolly Holly topped with Running in Circles.

-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment