Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pink, Gold, Black Glitter, and Blue Glitter

For New Years Eve I had tons of ideas, but ended up being simple with gold glitter. I hate to waste manis, so I've spruced it up a bit with hot pink half moons.

This is Julep Avery over Zoya Ziv and Zoya Tomoko. First photo was right after topcoat, second is in a better light to capture the hot pink of Avery and the sparkles of Tomoko.



For NYE I kept it simple with just Ziv and Tomoko. I wasn't 100% on the weird light/muted gold of Tomoko, but layered over Ziv(gold foil) it looked beautiful. I didn't let Ziv dry all the way and only did one thin coat of Tomoko over it, which somehow gave it a pretty smooth finish even though Tomoko is a pixie dust.



Prior to my NYE and after manis, I wore a couple new polishes. I recently found out Beauty Brands allows coupons to be used on their "prestigious" brands(ie, Butter London and Deborah Lippmann) unlike Ulta, so I was able to get my first BL at a discount to try it out. Ulta did have the Zoya Zenith collection on sale, so I got Dream for cheap also.

This is BL The Black Knight in standard lighting. The dry time on it was very fast which is apparently a nice feature of BL's, but it did end up a little gritty due to the glitters.


This is a fairly terrible pic of Zoya Dream, but I had to capture it in the light to show all the colors of glitter in it. It still ended up pretty thin after 3 coats, but I love it.

I'll likely be adding some older manis in the near future just to keep track of them, so be on the look out for lots of swatch spam!
-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment