Thursday, January 9, 2014

Duochrome and mermaid nails

Nail polish problems...I've bought at least ten new polishes in the last week, and my last two manis have been polishes bought a month ago that I never used. I'm eagerly awaiting my 6 new Zoyas that I got from their 3 "free" promo(realistically they were $4 a piece with the promo shipping, but I'm fine with that for $9-$10 polishes!) I also just picked up a couple of the Gwen Stefani OPI polishes, though I think I may return the chrome one, Push and Shove. I just do not have the patience it apparently takes to get the polish streak free. I do love the base coat, though...

Anyway! I picked up a cheap duochrome from Claire's a couple months back, mostly because it claimed to be holographic, which it sadly is not. It's also ridiculously sheer, but despite the issues it looks pretty gorgeous on. I layered it over another untried, Julep Morgan. I did not get a pic of just Morgan as it was super thick and ended up kind of runny on the nails prior to adding the Claire's top coat.

This is two coats Julep Morgan under one coat of Claire's Chromeance. It was hard to include the shimmer but I think the pics got the duochrome pretty spot on.



I also took a (crappy) pic of my Ulta mini-haul. I've heard that they're discontinuing selling Zoya, probably because of the $1 a bottle price increase, so I've been seeing ridiculous amounts of hauls with clearance Zoyas. Unfortunately both of my Ulta's only seem to have the winter line on clearance, but they're starting to put a few more out every day so I picked up Dream last week and Payton and Chita on clearance the other day for $4 and $5 a bottle. I also got the two Gwen OPI's I was most wanting, though I don't know that I'll ever use either. I also got the Essence stampy set, because I'd like to try stamping again, and just needed a cheap set to tide me over while I perfect my methods.


I attempted to use Push and Shove, but gave up after two nails. I left the Lay Down the Base base coat on when I did my current mani, and I'm not sure if it's just coincidence but I don't even have tip wear on one nail yet and I did my nails over 24 hours ago now. It's rare for me to go without at least getting one chip or tip wear a few hours after doing my nails, so I'm hesitant to return the polish now because of the base coat.

Instead I opted to use a polish I bought last month at Sally's when I heard it was a dupe of a Deborah Lippmann polish I've been wanting, it's their own Sally Girl in Brainy. Too thin to use on it's own without doing multiple coats, which I hate, so I layered it over China Glaze For Audrey. I always forget how much I love that polish til I use it, perfect in one and a half coats, and so gorgeous.

Here's China Glaze For Audrey on her own. My pic took out some of the blue, but I couldn't believe how perfect and streak free it applied over the Push and Shove base coat.


Here's one thick coat of Sally Girl Brainy over it. Perfect mermaid nails!


I'm supposed to have both my Zoya packages tomorrow, so maybe I'll have a Pixie Dust-a-thon since I still have two others I haven't used yet, and 3 coming tomorrow. Or maybe I'll buy more polish and forget all about that.

Oh yeah, and if you're curious about trying Julep, feel free to use my referral link! http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/187469/ Use code "freebox" to get your intro box for free, just pay shipping.

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment