Monday, January 27, 2014

Julep and glitter

I really didn't mean to go so long without updating, but I hate only having a couple things to show off at once :/. Tonight I have a few pretty things to show you, at least! I have a couple new Julep polishes I've gotten lately and some very pretty glitter to accent them with!

The first I have is Misti. It's actually a very unique color, a slate blue-gray kind of mix. I definitely don't have anything else like it in my collection. A lot of Juleps I have issues with being too goopy to use without a ton of patience, but this and Libby I had no issues like that with.

This is two semi thick coats of Julep Misti.


I'm not usually a Kleancolor fan, but when I saw the Holo Chrome polish on Amazon for super cheap I knew I had to have it. I didn't realize that the polish has two different colors under the exact same name, a marine blue and a purple. I thought I was getting the purple, but I ended up getting the blue. Still pretty, just a bit disappointing. It's a scattered holo/glitter in a marine blue base, so I layered it over Misti.

This is one coat of Holo Chrome over Misti with and without flash to show the holo.


I recently started a second Julep account and ordered the It Girl intro box, mainly to get Libby and the 50% off coupon they send new Mavens. I had to use Libby right away, but also wanted to use a Victoria's Secret teal glitter polish I picked up awhile ago. Luckily they matched completely.

This is two thick coats of Libby.

Two thin coats of Victoria's Secret Break the Rules added as an accent nail.

The Victoria's Secret polish was easy to work with, but it's hard to mess up a thin glitter like that. 

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! I'll have a couple more Zoya polishes on the blog next entry. Until then.

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment