Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day nail art

Today I have for you a few different styles of Valentine's Day nail art I did. Nothing too fancy, but I thought they were all cute!

The first I have can be seen more in my last post, using one of my new Square Hue colors in Shibuya.

That was definitely my favorite mani I've done in a long time. I used a few chevron vinyl guides I got back in Julep's Zig Zag mystery box, from October I believe. I'm almost out of them so I'll have to order some soon from an etsy vendor or something!

The next was relatively simple, but it's a favorite of mine. When I first got into nail art, I couldn't believe how something as simple as scotch tape could lead to such cool artwork. My absolute favorite is doing angled stripes, it just always looks so cute to me. For this I used Julep Nicolette as the white, used a layer of Seche Vite, taped off and used China Glaze Dance Baby, repeat, and used China Glaze Red Pearl for the top. It gets a bit thick due to all the top coat, but I love it otherwise.

Here's smaller versions of the other steps, just to see what it looks like:


 I also did some simple half moons with Julep Nicolette and Zoya Aurora when my planned artwork didn't look too great. I love the holo glitter in Aurora, but didn't love this combo too much.


And lastly my actual Valentine's Day nails had no special artwork. My Julep Cupid's Mystery Box arrived the day before so I used the new exclusive to the pedi box color, Aphrodite, which was pretty on it's own. I'll go through an unboxing of my millions of new colors that arrived that day in my next post, though!

Hope you enjoyed!

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment